Professional Development: Facilitated Workshops
BUSINESS EVENTS | PRIVATE EVENTS | SPACE RENTAL | HOLIDAY PARTIES
Full-day and Half-day Professional Development Workshops at Lillstreet.
Lillstreet offers the unique combination of specialized corporate coaching paired with a hands-on, creative group experience. Each experiential workshop is tailored to the specific objectives of your team, and is designed for practical application in the workplace. Programs are co-led by a skilled Lillstreet art educator and one of our dynamic facilitators who specialize in team building, creativity, innovation and emotional intelligence.
Do you have a functioning team that just needs a tune up?
Are you a new team finding its way?
Is your team struggling to communicate?
Are you a team brainstorming the next BIG idea?
View our brochure here.
- Based on your specific goals, your group will be led through a series of interactive exercises, each followed by a discussion of how to apply the ideas, in a concrete way, in the workplace.
- The workshop may also include a “meeting within the meeting,” where the team applies the skills they are developing to work on an issue, project or challenge that is facing them.
- Then your team will create together. The message of your art piece may represent the team’s goals, philosophy, or values. At the end of the day, the team will have created a piece that can be displayed back at the office as a reminder of the team’s talent and collaborative efforts.
Creativity & Innovation Workshop
- This program explores the principles, competencies and tools of creativity and innovation—both to recharge individual creativity and to ignite team and organizational innovation. Participants will engage in exercises to stretch creative thinking and reflect on the creative process before rolling up their sleeves to work on a hands-on art project (and leave with a creative piece to take back home or to the office).
The Art of Collaboration
- How do we best collaborate with others who might have very different talents, agendas and perspectives? This interactive teambuilding program helps participants identify the challenges and secrets to successful collaboration, and gain insights through pair, small group and large group experiments. The program culminates with a collaborative hands-on project, leading to more insights and some surprising new skills.
Strategy & Visioning
- Ideal for leadership teams and boards, this program, led by a professional consultant, guides participants through different clarifying and visioning exercises to generate and explore future ideas for their team or organization. We’ll use different media and one primary art project to creatively explore strategy, pushing participants in new creative directions to unearth new opportunities, possibilities and goals.
Conscious Communication & Emotional Intelligence
- This program is a course in resourceful communication through a better understanding of the personalities among the team. Each group member will take an Enneagram profile. The Enneagram (Greek for nine points) is a nine-pointed figure that illustrates the nine universal personality types, and the map for each. Each group member will identify their type and learn the true gifts that they uniquely bring to the team. Through the process, group members will gain a deepened sense of self, and compassion for themselves as well as other “types.” The team will gain new insights into their own personalities and discuss what living from the resourceful side of their personalities looks like for the whole team.
Choose from the following group art projects or create your own:
- Design a symbol representative of the group. Then learn to screen print your design onto t-shirts, bags, tea towels or aprons.
- Learn to sculpt beautiful clay tiles. Each team member will create several tiles, and when hung together the tiles will create a large piece of artwork.
- Explore the process of printmaking. The group will collaborate on a design and each member will learn to print part of the design. When finished, the group will have a large paneled piece of art perfect for framing.
- Learn the basics of digital or travel photography. The group will take a guided tour with a photographer to learn more about photocomposition and camera settings. Everyone can print his or her favorite photos from the day and share images.
Meet Our Facilitators
- Adam Shames is an organizational consultant, facilitator and coach whose clients range from McDonald’s, Siemens, the Nature Conservancy and the Federal Reserve to educational institutions and non-profits. He is an expert in creativity, teambuilding and adult learning, and specializes in live events and strategy sessions that help organizations build cultures of innovation and collaboration. A former “Teacher of the Year” with a master’s degree from Stanford University, Adam is the founder of the Kreativity Network (www.kreativity.net), writes about creativity in his “Innovation on my Mind” blog (www.innovationonmymind.com) and is adjunct faculty for Depaul University School of New Learning.
- Brendan Sullivan has been a corporate creativity coach for over 12 years, helping organizational teams and leaders to create a more productive, innovative, collaborative work environment. His clients include Kellogg’s, Harley-Davidson, PepsiCo, Marriott Hotels, Jenny Craig and other Fortune 500 companies as well as smaller companies, not-for-profits and schools. His work is informed by his career as an improvisational actor and coach trained at the Second City Conservatory. Brendan lives in Chicago with his wife and children. www.creativitycoach.net.
- Rosemary Hurwitz has a communications degree from Marquette University and Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies from Loyola University of Chicago. A former Corporate Recruiter, she has over twenty years experience in Career Consulting and leading Discovery retreats for the newly married. Rosemary has spent ten years studying, teaching and coaching privately with the Enneagram, locally and internationally. Committed to self-awareness and spiritual growth, she says “It is my deepest desire to assist all interested people to live more resourcefully in their relationships.” www.spiritdrivenliving.com